At each Microscience Microscopy Congress, the shortlisted images from the Royal Microscopical Society's Scientific Imaging Competition are displayed for all visitors to see, with the winners being announced during the event.
The Scientific Imaging Competition has six different categories:
- Electron Microscopy - Life Sciences
- Electron Microscopy - Physical Sciences
- Light Microscopy - Life Sciences
- Light Microscopy - Physical Sciences
- Scanning Probe Microscopy
Images are judged not only aesthetically but also on the scientific skill involved in taking the image. The last competition was covered by both BBC Earth and The Times so it is a great way for you to showcase your best images!
Entries are now closed for this competition, we look forward to showcasing the best at mmc2017.